Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cycle 1 Round 5 -- Judges' Comments

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Lioncourt

A K I -- Concept-wise you're always commendable. Who would've thought you were going to produce 2 shots of you in this round? I commend you for your ideas and your effort. My problem with this pic is that its neither glam nor edgy. It looks wholesome to me, like a print ad for teen's fashion, perhaps?

br@t -- This is definitely a glamorous photo. Your outfit did the job for you. But why are you wearing DARK sunglasses inside a club? You should've chosen something that still shows your eyes. Your pose is stiff, too. Im not sure if you are holding on to something (you know, like those standing MRT commuters) or you are just projecting a certain pose. Another tip, you shouldn't have worn dark pants.

JUDE -- Whoever thought of putting CD on the walls is brazilliant! The colors of the underside of the CD capture the Disco Lights as we know them. The problem with this pic is that those colors I am expecting to see are only visible on one side of the photo. The other half is dead. Nice eye contact with the camera, but what is wrong with your nose? There's too much noseline going on.

pipo2 -- Nice outfit (though Im not sure about those shoes). Your pose seems a bit awkward though, it looked tense, when you should be portraying a guy who is chilling in the VIP Area (Im guessing because of that sofa). The colors you chose for this photo are coordinated, but maybe your socks are a little too overpowering? It steals the attention from your face and body.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

TakenBy_eriK

A K I -- I have mixed emotions toward your entry for this very crucial round, AKI. This round would determine who of the remaining four will advance to the BIG 3. The concept of having two AKIs is unrivaled and I would like to commend you for that. B-R-A-V-O! I'm seeing a lot of spunk but I really am having a major concern with your outfit. It's stylish but it just doesn't conform to the current DISCO fashion.

br@t -- 3 THINGS. The pose, the SUNglasses, and the white cloth around your neck. What's with the pose, br@t? It's unclear to me whether you want to show us that you were dancing or holding on to something above you. SUNglasses during disco? Yes, you look good with it but am so allergic to accessories being worn inappropriately. The white cloth added glam to your outfit but it would have been sexier and better if you've only unbuttoned one button more rather than using that cloth. On the lighter side, I still think your entry for this round is the best you've submitted so far but I know you can do better.

JUDE -- You really have expensive facial features and I know that you're well aware of that. Thank God because you've finally gotten rid of the yellow tone you've been using in all of your past entries. You have your headset on (again) and like I told you, I still prefer the trial pic you've shown us where you were closing your eyes as it looks more coordinated with your hand gesture than this one. The disco ball and the compact discs behind you added vibrancy to the pic. Idea magnifica!

pipo2 -- Like br@t, your entry for this round is the best you've submitted so far. I really am sensing some fierce competition here. I'll give you the Best Dressed Model Award for this round. This pic could have been a better one though if you've sharpened it a bit for your face to be more emphasized. You look good. You're very fashionable. I suggest you use a high-end cam next time should you advance to the finals. Goodluck!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

ZephyrInTheS

A K I -- I love the concept! Though there's more disco than glam, it's still a good pic. I like that you're able to convey movement, which is apt for the disco theme. I think your facial expressions could have projected more energy though, given how active your poses are.

br@t -- Definitely glam. I like the angles you've created with your body. My main concern though is that your face seems a bit blank. Maybe it's because you covered your eyes with sunglasses. It's as if you were so focused on your posture that you forgot about what your face was expressing. Still, this is an edgy pic.

JUDE -- Great pic. Since the background is so dark, your face just pops out, and your eyes are amazing. I would have liked the body angle to be more clearly defined though. Still, I like how you made an otherwise ordinary outfit look glam.

pipo2 -- I like how laid-back the pic feels. The outfit is glam. I think the body angles are a bit off though. I'm not liking how your right leg is overpowering the rest of your body, and your feet look awkward. The look on your face needs to be more fierce.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

No comments: