Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cycle 1 Round 4 -- Judges' Comments

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Lioncourt

A K I -- I didnt like this pic at all. Im not sure if its your tank-top, your pose, the lighting or all of the above that made you look stocky. Remember, you cant just point and shoot, you have to choose the pose that will make your body or face look flattering.

bakekong8 -- Less is definitely more. In addition to the same facial angle that is getting repetitive, you actually looked like a girl in this photo from extensive airbrushing. All the masculine features have been edited out. And why do you have a starfish on your cheek? Is this what people do when it gets too hot?

br@t -- Zeph is right, this is the least Summer-y pic of the batch. It was just one of your pics superimposed on a beach-setting. How is the heat affecting you?

JUDE -- From the lighting, the pose and the intensity, this pic, though not perfect, captured the essence of this week's theme. You chose to show more skin and it worked. It didn't look forced nor done "just to show skin".

pipo2 -- I need not say how mediocre this entry is compared to your previous efforts. This photo had been ok, if it has been brightened a bit, so we can see some glare and some glistening skin. Your face and your body appear tense in this pic, it's as if you were having some difficulty posing. And the Micromatic logo is distracting. Should've gotten rid of it.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

TakenBy_eriK

A K I -- I love the bright colors of your pic. You really know how to come up with a good entry but I'm kind of disturbed with the way your "buntot" was hanging on your left shoulder. You could hate me for this it's (a more handsome version of) April Boy "Idol" Regino am seeing in your pic!!!!!! Arrggghhh I'm badddddd : (

bakekong8 -- Thanks for trying your best to be able to submit an entry for this round despite your very busy schedule. I appreciate the summer-y feel of your entry but the pic was overly done to the extent that it already looked cartoon-ish. And what is the starfish doing on your cheek?

br@t -- I STILL don't see you using your potential to the fullest, br@t. The entries you've been submitting the past three rounds ONLY had you pretty face in it. The theme for this week is Sizzling Summer and I once thought that this round would be the best time for you to show some skin just like Jude did. People fondly refer you as The Sexy Back and you could have used it to your advantage for this week.

JUDE -- You're such a hottie, Jude! Your entry could have been on top of my list if you chose the beach as your background/setting just like the other guys did. I'd still stick to what I have advised you earlier that since you chose your room as the setting of your pictorial, you should've gotten rid of those shades. A bit inappropriate for me. You chose to be different and I'm giving you an A for that!

pipo2 -- This pic simple yet the most summer-y of all the entries. Your pose and facial expression were a lil' uptight but you still managed to look good on this one. This entry could have been perfect for me if you've brightened it a bit.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

ZephyrInTheS

A K I -- This is a good pic, although it doesn't really pop out and grab me. You're relaxed, and the mood is very appropriate for the summer theme. My only problem with this pic is that the angle makes it seem like you're pudgy. The tummy area seems wider than your chest area, making you look fat even if you really aren't.

bakekong8 -- I don't see any variation between your expression in this pic and the expression you had in the pics from the last 2 rounds. Unless you begin showing us a range of what you're capable of, I'm having difficulty seeing you actually winning this whole thing. Also, I think this pic was over-edited. It doesn't seem authentic.

br@t -- This photo just doesn't sizzle for me. Week after week, I've had the same comment. I still don't see you using potential. Like bakekong8, I haven't been able to see your range. And despite the background, this is the least summery pic out of the group, for me at least.

JUDE -- Hot hot hot! I love this pic! I love the edginess of your face, and even though you're wearing sunglasses I can still make out the intensity in your eyes. The body angle is good too. The sensuality of summer is apparent in this pic.

pipo2 -- This is the most summery of all the pics, but you don't seem comfortable in it. Your face is too tensed up. The body angle isn't that flattering either, and your tummy is over-emphasized. The attitude we saw in the last 2 rounds is missing here.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

No comments: