Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cycle 3 Round 4 -- Judges' Comments

Zico d' Biatch

For this week's round, I was quite impressed with some of the photos that were submitted. I now see the improvements and I can tell those who are pulling away amongst the pack in reaching the goal of becoming the next G4M's Top Model, although there are some who are still mediocre and doesn't have a clue of what they are doing.

mycommic – truthfully I was blown away with this photo. Good interpretation of the theme and concept was very original. Kudos! Your face lights up the whole photo and you successfully jumped out of the page. Good face angle and eye connection. The only thing awkward is that you are crouching thus loosing your neck making you small. I suggest next time, keep in mind the posture… as I have always quoted as a reminder, when you pose for photos… you model with every part of you body not just having a fierce look. Congratulations, you have my vote for this round.

myyrdmovie – you seem not in tune with yourself in this photo. After a strong photo last week, this one was just ok. The geek is there but not quite. For me this week you didn't took any chance but rather played safe. Be consistent; don't let two coverboy citations make you complacent. I still believe that you have what it takes to be better so I will be giving you another chance to advance for next week to step up and deliver.

josh cedric – week after week, you are one of the contestants that deliver beautiful photos but in this round… what happened? I could not even see your face. The photo has its artistic merits but it doesn't translate geek chic, for me it's more of a layout photo portraying sadness or loneliness the way your body language suggests. Keep in mind that in this competition, we are judging fashion shots not just ordinary conceptualized photos. This week is just a safe bet for you, I'm a bit disappointed.

tata – from last week's fierce shot to a subtle geek. I am glad that you are able to show different sides of your personality translating in your photos. You also took risk in doing awkward poses adding merit to the theme. One thing I would suggest for the future is the quality of the photo. Have the right lighting angles when editing to highlight more your face. Congratulations, you have my vote for this round.

troi – I congratulate you for delivering a good photo this week. You certainly clinched the theme for this round. Geek yet chic, though not that astounding with the face… but rather a safe one. When you pose in front of the camera, face it head on not facing down, thus the personality was lost. Anyhow, you have my vote.

_uno_ - this is what I call an over kill! Everything was overly created. From the concept to the clothes to the pose. For this week, the theme was geek chic, from what I see, the geek swallowed you up, the chic ran away. It was painful looking at this photo and it didn't give you any justice. You seemed stiff with your pose; seems that you don't have a clue of what was required. I'm sorry but for me not a good photo.

yoh_asakura – another profile shot from you. I want to see the other side. Week after week this is what I see. You are comfortable with this side and it gets monotonous, plain and stagnant. You have the attitude in the photo, good eye contact, excellent choice of clothes.

I want to see you take risk in your next photo, show us the other side. Don't be safe, be bold.

evianyohann – not one of my favorites for this round. Just a plain shot without even a hint of effort. Your eyes are dead, expressionless and sad. You look like a librarian bored of his job. Nothing much to say about this photo. I'm sorry but for me this week was not for you.

claydoh – you almost went overboard here in trying to follow the theme. I commend the effort but it seems to me that you are becoming weaker each week. Last week's photo was just safe as its concept was a bit unclear to me. This week it was even absurd. I see the geek but where is the chic. Chic means fashionable, edgy, head turner. All I see is a boy with his candy. You have good face structure, use it to your advantage and broaden your interpretation of the theme. For me, this round was just a safe week for you.thanks.

====================================================================

zavier.angel

I don't see anything "chic" in claydoh's pic, only geek.

Also, they are supposed to be male models, not males imitating females -- at least not for this round.

====================================================================

sayno


TATA-he looks like a chic geek.best photo of him so far.he looks like a model with that pose, he doesnt look like the tata we saw in the earlier photos.alisin lng sana ung kotse

yoh asakura-he looks like a model for me.bt he sorta doesnt look geeky enough for me.but am happy, ibang expression na nasa mukha nya.kais the past 3 weeks he looked the same.hmmm..i dont think he got the idea of "chic",ut its an honest to goodness good photo of him as a model.

mycomic - eidting aside.i still think the photo would ae looked better without the editing.he has a weird pose,but thats what makes the photo hig fashion.its not the usual poses you see in billboards.the editing confuses me in some way.

JOSH CEDRICK-good photo.but he isnt pushing himself enough.e;s relying too much on being handsome and not being a model in my opinion.he could do so much better.he looks like a sad geek,dont you think?and sad doesnt necessarily mean high fashion.

myrr- too sad.i wish he had a riskier pose.e looks machanical in some way.some might agrue that a blank face is high fashion,but i dont think so.its about selling your clothes,telling a story.this isnt telling me a story.

evian-hmmm..modelling 101 p din.there's nothing special it's too safe..please push yourself.

claydoh- he looks like a kid with grey eyebrows.he looks liek a cute geek.but not a MODEL.and i was looking for a model.


uno- he looks like a geek.and it all stops there.

TROI.- a clap for him actually putting an effort this week.but its still weak. it may be chic. but he looks somber, and it doesnt come across as geeky.

==============================================================



No comments: